The production floater will potentially perform any and all tasks involved in the creation of our product. This includes, but is not limited to all machinery, equipment and departments on the production floor. The position follows standard work methods and practices safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Perform start up and shut down procedures for all assigned equipment
- Operate all assigned equipment in all areas
- Package products for shipping/unpack for receiving
- Prepare product for covering
- Operate all material handling equipment
- Spray painting
- Use tools and precision instruments (such as pi tapes, micrometers, and dial indicators)
- Perform preventive and remedial maintenance on all assigned equipment and hardware as required
- Understand and complete all paperwork for product movement throughout the production floor
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving, mechanical parts. The noise level in this environment is typically moderate.
The position may require lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds. Good hand/eye coordination is necessary.
A high school education or equivalent is required for this position. Trade school education relating to machine shop practices or a minimum of one year experience in a similar environment is preferred.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.