FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FLEXO PRINTING CAN BE A DAUNTING PROCESS, BUT HERE ARE SOME COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS TO HELP KEEP YOUR PRESSES RUNNING SMOOTHLY.
– WHY ELASTOMER?
Elastomer is an extremely durable rubber polymer that stands up to the rigorous stresses of repeat printing. Standard polymers don’t offer the same kind of resilience.
In addition to providing millions of great impressions, elastomer sleeves also increase press uptime, lasting up to 3 to 5 times longer than polymer plates in most applications.
Other benefits include:
- Superior abrasion resistance
- Compatible with a large variety of inks
- Exceptional ink transfer
- Reduces pressroom waste
- Easy to clean and store
– WHY SHOULD I CHOOSE FLEXO PRINTING OVER OTHER PRINTING METHODS?
– I’M EXPERIENCING PRINTING DEFECTS WITH MY SLEEVES, WHAT DO I DO?
Even the most well-rounded printers can experience printing defects. Take a look at this resource for pinpointing what kind of defect you’re looking at.
– HOW DO I TAKE CARE OF MY SLEEVES AND PLATES?
Everyone has a different system for maintaining the integrity of their image carriers, and it depends a lot on the type of ink you’re printing with.
Here’s how we suggest cleaning and storing your plates and sleeves.
– I WANT TO PRINT SUSTAINABLY, BUT I’M NOT SURE WHERE TO START.
Flexo is great for printing sustainably! There is a wide range of environmentally friendly:
- Coatings & Adhesives
- Pressroom Equipment
There are also many excellent resources available for eco-friendly flexo printing strategies!
– WHAT PREPRESS SERVICES DO YOU OFFER?
At Luminite, we offer the following flexo prepress solutions to help you get the best print possible:
- Color management
- Graphic Design
– WHAT ARE ACCEPTABLE ART FILES?
For a list of acceptable file types and preparation requirements please visit our Graphics Page.
– WHAT IS YOUR DUROMETER RANGE?
Our durometers range from 30 Shore A to 75 Shore D.
– WHAT IS YOUR SURFACE TENSION?
Our surface tension ranges from 20 to 40 dynes.
– HOW HIGH IS YOUR HEAT RESISTANCE?
Our specifically formulated materials have the capability to withstand temperatures up to 500°.
Don’t See Your Question?
Contact us! Our technicians will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have.